“Let your life be a stepping stone to Christ and not a stumbling block.” 1 Cor. 8:13 & 10:31
"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works and glorify God who is in heaven." Matt. 5:16
By Rick Warren
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13 NIV).
So often we think of commandments as a list of don'ts. Instead of focusing on what we can't do, let's start looking at what we can do with this list of ten "can"- mandments!
1. Instead of thinking, "It will never fly," think, "Through God's strength, it's worth the try!"
2. Replace the thought, "It won't work," with faith that, with God's strength, it will work!
3. When someone says, "It's never been done before," respond by saying, "That means God's giving us the opportunity to be the first."
4. "What if we fail?" What if we fail to try, knowing God says we can do everything through Him who gives us strength?
5. "We don't have the money." Where God guides, he provides so that we can do everything he has called us to do.
6. "We don't have the time!" Perhaps God is telling us to re-evaluate our priorities as we rely upon his direction and strength.
7. "We don't have the expertise." Maybe not, but we can learn as God directs our path.
8. "It's been tried before." But we're wiser now because we know we can do everything when we rely on God's strength instead of our own.
9. If someone says, "There are so many problems with it," respond by saying, "Yet, there are so many possibilities when we're trusting God instead of ourselves."
10. Instead of saying, "It's not working out," say instead, "Let's try it one more time, but this time focused on God and the truth that we can do this through Him who gives us strength."
"Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse" (Philippians 4:8 MSG)..